Friday 7 May 2010

Who are You?


“Can you tell me something about yourself?” Huffff! What do you say?

I sometimes difficult to answer this typically question because the best way to come up with a description is to ask someone else to describe you. Yeah, describing yourself is not an easy thing to do. You don't want to be a spineless blob with no self-esteem; but you do want to remain as humble as you are naturally.

There are many ways to describe yourself and it is more than giving details of your appearance. This is only one aspect and people want to know more for knowing who you really are. The difficulty with describing yourself is that you give details from your own perspective and these are often different compared with someone else opinions.

I will try to describe myself from my own perspective. I am 1, 53 m and my weight is about 41 kg or 42 (actually, I am not quite sure about it, lol). In general we can say I am small, my Australian friend even called me economical size, hahahaha. I sometimes wonder why I didn’t look like my father’s family—most of them are tall, my auntie the smallest one is about 1, 65 m, while my father is 1, 79 m, he is quite tall for Asian size. Hmmm….I guess I more look like my mum, the small lady but she is great. I like to do exercise. My favourite sport is aerobic but I also enjoy walking and playing badminton. Nowadays, I also learn to swim.

Like most people I enjoy sunshine. I like lying on the beach enjoying sunrise and sunset. It feels so refreshing for me. I don't really like the cold but I won’t hesitate to climb the mountain which is usually rather cold. Travelling is one of my favourite hobbies and maybe you think I will search always for sunny destinations. Well, you are wrong; maybe I gave you this impression but I like to visit different countries if I have chance ^_^.

I grow up in a small village in central java, Indonesia which offers many paddies’ field view. My parents are not rich but they gave me the possibility to study until university. When I was sitting at fifth grade, I worked part time as an even organizer in my campus. I also sold t-shirts and books—those t-shirts and books were not mine, they were my friend’s stuff, I got fee from my friend if I success selling them. The next semester, I worked as a tour guide. I love this job because it’s made money and I can go travelling freely. My parents never asked me to do those jobs but I did it for myself—at least I can pay my own need.

Aside from travelling, music is also a part of my life. I play a guitar and I always love listening music. From childhood I was interested in different genres of music and it was a dream of me to meet all the cool musicians from the entire world. Thanks to God, I met some of them when I was working in Jakarta.

Some other hobbies of mine are going to galleries, musicals, theatre, watching movies, dancing, and I love to go outside for dinner. I also love outdoor activities. I enjoy discovering other cultures and it is difficult to say which countries I prefer. If I have the money maybe I’ll go to Europe, America, Australia, and other Asian countries….. (dream…..dream…dream….). But, before going to abroad I really want to visit some beautiful places in Indonesia that I never seen before such as Papua, Wakatobi Island, Belitung, Mentawai, Toraja, Toba Lake, Bunaken, NTT, and some other regions.

No comments:

Post a Comment